The Alzheimer’s Association in conjunction with the West Custer County Library is offering a free Understanding Alzheimer’s and Dementia program. In the United States alone, more than 6.7 million individuals are living with Alzheimer’s and 11 million are serving as their unpaid caregivers. The program will cover:
- The relationship between Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Examine what happens in a brain affected by Alzheimer’s.
- Detail the risk factors and three general stages of the disease.
- Identify FDA-approved treatments available to treat some symptoms.
- Look ahead to what’s on the horizon for Alzheimer’s research.
- Offer Alzheimer’s Association resources.
An RSVP is requested, email RoseMary at email@example.com or call the Library at (719)783-9138 for registration assistance.