Did you know August 21st is National Senior Citizen’s Day? The West Custer County Library is celebrating Custer County seniors with the following events:
Tuesday, August 22nd
Join The Alzheimer’s Association for a Community Forum on Alzheimer’s disease and dementia 10 a.m. till noon at 110 Rosita Ave. This is an opportunity to start a conversation to enhance care and resources for individuals battling dementia and Alzheimer’s.
Wednesday, August 23rd
“Take the Mystery out of Estate Planning” with Attorney Kevin Rhodes in the West Custer County Library Community Room at 1 p.m. A Q and A will follow the presentation.
Informational Tables Inside the Library 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Tech Guidance – Staff member Katie Schepmann will dispense the newly created Technology for Seniors Guidebook.
- Get Medicare Questions Answered – Medicare Advantage plans are offered to the Medicare eligible in Custer County. Lacey Singleton can educate and offer extra benefits at no cost. She helps with finding doctors, prescription costs, and gym locations. See Lacey and bring your Medicare questions!
- At Risk Seniors – Visit with Alexandria Knappe of Health and Human Services to learn more about seniors at risk of abuse.
- Affordable Connectivity Plans – Kieran Hixon will answer questions regarding the Affordable Connectivity Program. The benefit provides up to $30 a month towards internet service for eligible participants.
- Everbridge Sign Up Assistance – A representative from the Custer County Sheriff’s office will answer your questions and provide sign up assistance.
- Custer County Senior Citizens Center – A representative from the Center will be on hand to share who they are and what they do for seniors.