YOU make a huge difference in this community with your support of the library. You make it possible for the library to keep moving forward with innovative programs and services that specifically meet important needs of local individuals, families and organizations. Your support is especially important entering 2019 as we adjust to a loss of funds due to the new, lower property tax rate, a major source of library revenues.
Here are just a few things we could not do without you:
- The library continues to offer its very popular service of
free, high-speed broadband (now up to 50 mbps) via public computers and
- We strive to offer a fresh and varied collection of materials, which must be working because patrons checked out more than 40,000 books, ebooks, magazines and movies last year.
- Our monthly teen events during the school year give kids a safe, fun environment to create and explore.
- The monthly Play to Learn playgroup for infants through pre-K provides free play and guided activities as well as an opportunity for the children’s caregivers to support each other.
- The popular, interactive Camp Happiness program ignites imagination and learning for early elementary students through reading, games, art and hands-on science.
- We support school and community organizations through
on-site programming and numerous free digital resources.
- The library offers a full, year-round lineup of workshops and events for adults. Many of these events are inspired by suggestions from our patrons.