The library is looking forward to reopening after the COVID-19 stay-at-home order ends. We are taking a cautious approach. We ask all community members who are in high risks groups for COVID-19 to stay at home until further notice or use our curbside delivery service. We ask anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms to stay at home. When the library is open, we will practice social distancing to keep everyone safe, with a limited amount of patrons inside at one time. We ask that you try to browse our collections quickly so others have time to come in. There will be limited computer access, but we will be sure to accommodate your needs. Library items like books and movies will be put into a 24-hour quarantine before returning to the shelves. High-use areas of the library will be sanitized every day, with some areas sanitized throughout the day. We ask that you wear a mask when visiting the library. There are two planned phases for reopening the library, they are listed below. The final phase, not listed, is dependent on continuing updates from Custer County Public Health and Office of Emergency Management, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, and the CDC.
April 28th to May 4th – Curbside phase
- The library will still be closed to public access
- All due dates have been extended to 5/15/20
- The book drop is available, but your items will be checked in later due to quarantining the items
- Curbside delivery is available. Place holds online or over the phone, and the library will schedule a pickup time for you. Contact library for more information about how to place holds.
- Staff is available to answer your questions by phone (719-783-9138) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) during the library’s normal hours except Saturdays
May 5th to the next update on the pandemic – Intermediate phase
- The library will be open during its normal hours
- 10 patrons will be allowed inside at one time but patrons will be asked to spend about a half-hour in the library or less if possible
- Limited computer access at the library due to limited amounts of people inside at one time
- Social distancing will be practiced in the library
- Curbside delivery will still be available
- Events are canceled until further notice
- Community room is closed to the public because it is used for quarantine space for materials, and reservations are canceled until further notice
- Returned items will continue to be quarantined until further notice
- Limited computer access at the library due to limited amounts of people
The final phase, return to normal, will be announced when a date is established. The library’s reopen plans are subject to change at any time if new health orders are issued.
To see the last update, no longer in effect, you can click here.